Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
An easy skillet chicken recipe.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 -2 tablespoon butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups apple cider
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed rosemary
- 1⁄8 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3⁄4 cup light cream
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- Pat chicken dry. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Heat butter in large skillet on medium-high heat; add chicken. Cook about 4-5 minutes per side or until browned.
- Add apple cider, lemon juice, rosemary, thyme, and nutmeg. Reduce heat; cover and simmer 10 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink in center. Remove chicken to a serving platter and keep warm.
- Add the cream to skillet. Cook and stir until reduced by about half and thickened. Stir in parsley.
- Pour sauce over the chicken and serve covered over.
It just wasn't anything special.
I have to give this a whooping five stars! AND I even messed it up! First, I bought apple juice instead of cider and just started making it from the notes on my shopping list. So when I removed the chicken and tasted the sauce, I though it was too sweet. Second, I bought whipping cream to add. When I realized the mistakes I had made, I added a tbls. of applecider vinegar and the sauce broke! Well, a little more cooking and playing around and I ended with a delightful meal served with jasmine rice and steamed greenbeans. This turned out good enough to want to make it again....the right way! Thanks Parsley72.