Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Chicken in a creamy sauce with mushrooms, broccoli and parmesan.
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 4 tablespoons parmesan cheese (optional)
- 4 minced garlic cloves, divided in half
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 cup broccoli floret
- 1 pint heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 cup light wine
- Cut chicken into 1 1/2 inch pieces. Combine chicken and half the garlic in a skillet with wine over medium heat.
- When chicken is nearly cooked add broccoli and mushrooms.
- In a saucepan, heat cream on medium-high setting. Bring to a simmer, but do not boil; add remaining garlic and white pepper.
- Stir corn starch into water; mix. Pour in half of the cream. Whisk, stirring in the cornstarch mixture until desired thickness is obtained. The sauce will continue to thicken gradually as it sits.
- Sauce must be cooked for at least 10 minutes after last corn starch is added to prevent a "powdery" uncooked taste from the corn starch. Add chicken and cheese (optional) during final 5 minutes of cooking, and serve over pasta or rice.
I made this last night. I didn't have fresh garlic so I added garlic powder. Even without fresh garlic, this was delicious!