Recipe by josamky1063
I have found this recipe on another website and wanted to share it with others.
- 1 frying chicken, cut up
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine, melted
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons dried Italian salad dressing mix
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed mushroom soup
- 6 ounces cream cheese, cut into cubes
- 1⁄2 cup sauterne white wine or 1⁄2 cup sherry wine
- 1 tablespoon onion, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Brush the chicken with butter and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place in a crock pot.
- Sprinkle the dry mix evenly over all. Cover and cook on Low for 6 to 7 hours.
- Approximately 45 minutes before done, combine the soup, cream cheese, wine,
- and onion in a small saucepan. Cook until smooth. Pour over the chicken, cover
- and cook for an additional 45 minutes. Serve with the sauce.