Recipe by ChefRaylene
This is one of my all time favorite chicken dishes. Rich, creamy, heavenly and purely divine. Great flavors run through out this dish. Enjoy.
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄8 teaspoon basil
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- 8 ounces fresh large mushrooms, sliced
- 16 ounces whole pimientos, drained, cut into strips
- 2 tablespoons sherry wine
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt 1 tlbs butter in large, deep skillet. Add onion and cook until tender, Remove and reserve.
- Mix flour, paprika, salt, nutmeg and basil in a gallon size plastic bag. Put chicken in bag and shake until well coated.
- Heat broth in small pan. Melt remaining butter in skillet. Add chicken and cook over med high heat 2 minutes, turning once until light brown.
- Slowly add hot broth. Cover and simmer over low heat 10 minutes or until chicken is tender. Slowly add cream, increase heat to med low and simmer gently, uncovered 5 minutes longer.
- Remove chicken to hot platter. Stir in reserved onions, mushrooms, pimentos and sherry into skillet. Increase heat to high and boil gently 3-4 minutes until slightly thickened. Pour over chicken.