Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
An easy and tasty chicken dish.
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts or 1 lb boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped sweet onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons oil
- In a large skillet, over med-high heat, sauté onion and garlic in oil.
- Meanwhile, in a mixing bowl, combine chili powder, ginger, salt, lemon juice and coconut milk and stir.
- Add chicken to skillet and brown both sides. Reduce heat to medium.
- Pour coconut milk mixture over chicken in skillet and cover. Continue to cook over medium heat until chicken is done; about 20-25 minutes.
Wow, really sorry for the low rating, but this just did not impress. I couldn't even eat it, although others did. It was just like a yellow mess with a not-so-good smell. Maybe the problem was the coconut milk although I've used Trader Joe's brand forever and never had a problem. I think for those who don't like lots of spice/flavor, this is fine.
Needed to make a second dish tonight because the Kadon Pika I was making was too spicy for my son. I had to adapt a bit because half my spices are still at work from a cookout, but it turned out great. I recomend bringing the onions just to the point of carmelizing for a more robust flavor. Also since I didn't have chili powder I added chipotle powder, cumin, and paprika instead.
We enjoyed this nice subtley flavored dish. It was a pleasant change. I served it over basmati rice. The sauce was wonderful on the rice, the chicken was moist and tender. Thanks for sharing.