Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
Posted for ZWT, looks delicious but I haven't tried it yet. I guessed as to the servings and time.
- 1 whole chicken, de-boned and cut into pieces
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- cayenne pepper
- oil (for frying, coconut oil if possible)
- 2 onions, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 -3 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, minced
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- Marinate the chicken in the lemon juice, lemon rind, salt and pepper for about an hour.
- Heat oil in dutch oven or large covered pot. Saute the onion and garlic for a few minutes.
- Add the chicken and continue to cook and stir until the chicken is nearly done.
- Reduce heat, add tomatoes and ginger and stir for a few minutes.
- Add coconut milk and simmer over low heat until chicken is fully cooked and sauce is thickened.
- Serve over rice.
My boys love the flavor but are convinced they don't like onion and tomato. I finely chop the tomatoes and use onion powder with great success while "on vacation." The boys pick a "vacation" spot, and we study the place, its people, traditions, art, food, economy, etc. This was an easy-to-prepare and authentic part of our "trip."
yum yum double yum. Tasted great on the day and brilliant the next day sliced and wrapped in tortilla and warmed in the oven Thanks
Whoa! The taste here is just so perfect! I love the mixture of everything in it! I scaled down the recipe to 1 serving using chicken breast but it's actually enough for 2! So cool! Lemon/tomatoes/coconut makes a great blend of flavors! I also served this with your Coconut Rice from Zanzibar . Keeper! Thanks! Made for WZT4.