Recipe by puppitypup
Posted for ZWT, looks delicious but I haven't tried it yet. I guessed as to the servings and time.
Top Review by Chef cmpinco
My boys love the flavor but are convinced they don't like onion and tomato. I finely chop the tomatoes and use onion powder with great success while "on vacation." The boys pick a "vacation" spot, and we study the place, its people, traditions, art, food, economy, etc. This was an easy-to-prepare and authentic part of our "trip."
- 1 whole chicken, de-boned and cut into pieces
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- cayenne pepper
- oil (for frying, coconut oil if possible)
- 2 onions, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 -3 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, minced
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Marinate the chicken in the lemon juice, lemon rind, salt and pepper for about an hour.
- Heat oil in dutch oven or large covered pot. Saute the onion and garlic for a few minutes.
- Add the chicken and continue to cook and stir until the chicken is nearly done.
- Reduce heat, add tomatoes and ginger and stir for a few minutes.
- Add coconut milk and simmer over low heat until chicken is fully cooked and sauce is thickened.
- Serve over rice.