Posted for ZWT, looks delicious but I haven't tried it yet. I guessed as to the servings and time.
Make and share this Chicken in Coconut Milk from Madagascar recipe from Food.com.
- 1 whole chicken, de-boned and cut into pieces
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- cayenne pepper
- oil (for frying, coconut oil if possible)
- 2 onions, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 -3 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, minced
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- Marinate the chicken in the lemon juice, lemon rind, salt and pepper for about an hour.
- Heat oil in dutch oven or large covered pot. Saute the onion and garlic for a few minutes.
- Add the chicken and continue to cook and stir until the chicken is nearly done.
- Reduce heat, add tomatoes and ginger and stir for a few minutes.
- Add coconut milk and simmer over low heat until chicken is fully cooked and sauce is thickened.
- Serve over rice.