Recipe by JustJanS
I've simplified and altered the original recipe to suit our tastes, and I think it's pretty good.
Top Review by ArianaYoda
Excellent. I was nervous about trying this as I was missing several ingredients: Lemon grass, curry leaves, Laos powder and he chilies. My dh rarely has seconds and loved this. I added sambul to substitute for the red chilies, chopped the ginger finely instead of grating. Thanks so much.
- 1 kg chicken thigh fillet, each cut into 4
- 3 clove garlic, crushed
- 4.92 ml salt
- 2.46 ml fresh ground black pepper
- 7.39 ml fresh ginger, finely grated
- 29.58 ml almond meal
- 14.78 ml ground coriander
- 4.92 ml ground cinnamon
- 4.92 ml ground cumin
- 2.46 ml Laos powder, optional
- 29.58 ml oil
- 2 red chilies
- 2 medium onions, finely sliced
- 440 ml can light coconut milk
- 6 curry leaves
- 1 stalk lemongrass or 2 slice fresh lemon rind
- 19.71 ml lemon juice
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small bowl, combine garlic, salt, pepper, ginger, almond meal, coriander, cinnamon, cummin, and laos if used.
- Mix to a paste, adding a little oil if necessary.
- Rub paste into the chicken and set aside whilst you cook the onions.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan and cook the chillies and onions slowly until golden brown.
- Add the spiced chicken and cook until it changes colour.
- Add the coconut milk, curry leaves and lemon grass or rind and stir until it comes to the boil.
- Reduce heat and cook for 30 minutes or until the chicken is cooked and tender.
- Remove from the heat and add the lemon juice and season to taste with extra salt if necessary.