I've simplified and altered the original recipe to suit our tastes, and I think it's pretty good.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 kg chicken thigh fillet, each cut into 4
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fresh ginger, finely grated
- 2 tablespoons almond meal
- 3 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon Laos powder, optional
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 red chilies
- 2 medium onions, finely sliced
- 1 (440 ml) can light coconut milk
- 6 curry leaves
- 1 stalk lemongrass or 2 slices fresh lemon rind
- 4 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1In a small bowl, combine garlic, salt, pepper, ginger, almond meal, coriander, cinnamon, cummin, and laos if used.
- 2Mix to a paste, adding a little oil if necessary.
- 3Rub paste into the chicken and set aside whilst you cook the onions.
- 4Heat the oil in a frying pan and cook the chillies and onions slowly until golden brown.
- 5Add the spiced chicken and cook until it changes colour.
- 6Add the coconut milk, curry leaves and lemon grass or rind and stir until it comes to the boil.
- 7Reduce heat and cook for 30 minutes or until the chicken is cooked and tender.
- 8Remove from the heat and add the lemon juice and season to taste with extra salt if necessary.
Browse Our Top Curries Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken in Coconut Milk
Serving Size: 1 (233 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 420.2
- Calories from Fat 167
- Total Fat 18.6 g
- Saturated Fat 3.5 g
- Cholesterol 207.5 mg
- Sodium 802.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 3.8 g
- Protein 51.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
light coconut milk