Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a very popular meal where I come from (PERU) and it's quite a success with all ages. Easy to make and sweet to the palate.
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1 teaspoon instant minced garlic (to taste)
- 1 white onion
- 2 potatoes
- 3 carrots
- 2 tablespoons margarine or 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 (750 ml) can Coca-Cola
- 1 (76 g) oxtail soup mix
- Melt the butter/margarine in the pot at medium heat.
- Add the garlic.
- Once the garlic is browning, add your chicken pieces.
- When chicken is lightly browned on both sides, add the onions diced.
- Once onions are almost fully cooked, add the oxtail soup.
- Stir lightly to spread the oxtail over the chicken pieces, then add half the can of coke and continue stirring at medium heat.
- Boil your potatoes and carrots (seperately) in the meantime. I prefer to do them in the microwave which is fairly quick.
- When the sauce has begun to thicken, add the potatoes and carrots cut into bite sizes.
- Simmer at low-medium heat.
- Add the bay leaf.
- Taste it, if it's too sour still, add a bit more coke.
- Serve warm over a bed of rice or pasta.
I used this for a Spanish project and everyone at school loved it
First off, this is WAY too much for two people. I would NOT have to on a bed of rice or pasta. Alone, this is probably sufficient for a family of 4. Secondly, I have no idea what oxtail soup mix is, nor does my grocer. So I just used a dry soup mix I had on hand, Onion. For this dish, I would recommend dicing the chicken before browning it to bite size pieces. Lastly, it's a bit blan.