crys loves to cook's Note:
I got this on recipehound. I would like to try to grill the chicken. I serve it with some white rice and I add alot more honey to sweeten things up a bit.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lbs boneless chicken breasts, cut into pieces and lightly pounded flat
- adobo seasoning
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 1 medium red onion, sliced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, seeded and cut into strips
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled and chopped
- 2 oranges, juice of
- 2 limes, juice of
- 2 lemons, juice of
- 3 tablespoons honey (or more to your taste)
- 3 tablespoons capers (to garnish)
- 1Season the chicken with the adobo.
- 2Heat 1/4 cup of the oil in a large skillet and saute the chicken over medium-high heat until lightly browned. Let it cool to room temperature on a serving plater.
- 3In another pan, heat 1/4 cup of the oil and saute the onion, pepper, and garlic until soft.
- 4Add the onion mixture to the chicken.
- 5Combine the juices, remaining 1/4 cup oil, and honey. Pour over the chicken and toss. Garnish with capers.
Browse Our Top Puerto Rican Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Puerto Rican Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken in Citrus Escabeche Sauce (Pollo En Escabeche De Frutas
Serving Size: 1 (227 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 570.1
- Calories from Fat 370
- Total Fat 41.1 g
- Saturated Fat 7.7 g
- Cholesterol 96.8 mg
- Sodium 225.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 12.4 g
- Protein 32.5 g