Prep 40 mins
Cook 0 mins
Chicken in Cilantro Sauce
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 -3 serrano chilies
- 1 (10 ounce) can evaporated milk
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 onion, sliced
- Place the chicken breasts in a large pot, add water to cover and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat and cook for 30 minutes.
- Drain thoroughly.
- Transfer to a serving platter and cover to keep warm.
- Meanwhile, combine the cilantro, chilies, evaporated milk and salt and pepper in a blender. Blend thoroughly for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Heat the oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat.
- Sauté the onion until translucent, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add the cilantro mixture and bring to a simmer.
- Reduce the heat to low and simmer gently for 10 minutes.
- Pour the sauce over the chicken and serve.