Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
What can be better than cilantro?!
- 1 (2 1/2-3 lb) chicken, cut up
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano, crushed
- 1 tablespoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 bunch cilantro, leaves only
- 1 medium onion, quartered
- 2 medium tomatoes, quartered
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded, and chopped
- 1 yellow chile, seeded
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- Marinate chicken in mixture of oregano, garlic salt, pepper and vinegar.
- Meanwhile, combine cilantro, onion, tomatoes, green pepper and chile in blender and blend until smooth. Set aside.
- Heat oil in skillet, add onion and season to taste with paprika.
- Cook until onion is tender and golden.
- Add cilantro sauce and cook 2 minutes.
- Add chicken pieces and water to cover and cook until chicken is tender, about 45 to 55 minutes.
This is fabulous. A great entertaining dish as well. I take the skin off the chicken.