Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
From a very old recipe book; haven't tried this one yet but it sounds delicious and different.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 lbs chicken, cut into pieces
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 2⁄3 cup apple cider
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme or 2 sprigs fresh thyme
- 2⁄3 cup light cream
- Melt butter in deep skillet.
- Add chicken and brown on all sides.
- Add onion, salt, pepper and cider.
- Mix mustard, thyme and cream together.
- Stir into chicken.
- Simmer for 30 to 40 minutes.
- Serve with boiled potatoes and carrots.