From Cooking Light, September 2005. A nice twist on chicken marsala. Can substitute dried cranberries for the cherries and veal for the chicken.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2/3 cup dried cherries
- 2/3 cup marsala
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 4 (6 ounce) boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, divided
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 cup finely chopped shallot
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1 cup reduced-sodium fat-free chicken broth
- 1Combine cherries and Marsala in a small microwave-safe bowl. Microwave at high for 45 seconds, and set aside.
- 2Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken; cook 4 minutes on each side or until done. Remove chicken from pan; sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Cover and keep warm.
- 3Add butter to pan, and cook until butter melts. Add shallots and thyme; sauté 1 minute or until tender. Stir in broth, scraping pan to loosen browned bits. Add cherry mixture, remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt, and remaining 1/4 teaspoon pepper; bring to a boil.
- 4Reduce heat to medium, and simmer 5 minutes or until sauce is slightly thick. Add chicken back to sauce and turn to coat.
- 5Serve with brown rice.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken in Cherry Marsala Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (384 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 406.7
- Calories from Fat 65
- Total Fat 7.2 g
- Saturated Fat 2.7 g
- Cholesterol 106.2 mg
- Sodium 432.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 1.5 g
- Protein 39.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
reduced-sodium fat-free chicken broth