Recipe by Brian Holley
This is the chicken version of one of my other recipes. Very quick to prepare and cook, this makes a super dish for parties, or, when you need to impress those who might doubt your ability.
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 chicken breasts
- 1 head fennel, sliced
- 4 tablespoons sambuca romana, spirit
- 5 fluid ounces single cream
- 6 ounces cheese, rind removed and cut into small dice (Brie)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the oil in a frying pan and fry the chicken till done.
- Remove from pan and keep warm.
- Fry the sliced fennel till just soft, 3 minutes set aside.
- De glaze the pan with the Sambuca, add the cream.
- Add the cheese and stir till it has melted and incorporated into the sauce.
- Adjust the seasoning to taste.
- Replace the chicken and fennel, heat through.
- The sauce may be adjusted by adding more cream or Sambuca to your liking.
- Serve with sauteed potatoes and a green vegetable.