Recipe by beckerd
This is a yummy asian recipe that my aunt, who is vietamese, gave to me.She knew that I always love her food.The ingredients are long,but it doesn't take long to make.The fish sauce can be found at most grocery stores by the asian food aisle.
- 1⁄2 cup dark brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup fish sauce
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon slivered ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 small Thai chiles, broken in half
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 shallot, sliced
- 1 3⁄4 lbs dark chicken meat, skinless, boneless, cut into pieces
- 1⁄4 lb white chicken meat, skinless, boneless, cut into pieces
- cilantro, for garnishing
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the brown sugar,water,fish sauce, rice vinegar,garlic,soy sauce,ginger,black pepper,and chiles in a small bowl.
- Mix well.Set aside.
- Heat the oil in a large pot over high heat.
- Add the shallot and saute until brown,about 5 minutes.
- Add the chicken and saute about 5 minutes or until slightly browned.
- Add the sauce mixture and bring to a boil.
- Turn the heat down to medium.
- Cook until liquid is reduced by half,about 12 minutes,stirring occasionaly.
- Serve chicken over steamed white rice.
- Garnish with sprigs of cilantro.