Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Pasta topped with chicken and mushrooms in a creamy blue cheese sauce.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium red bell pepper, diced
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, diced
- 16 ounces button mushrooms, sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 tablespoons dry white wine
- 2⁄3 cup half-and-half
- 1 cup crumbled blue cheese
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 8 ounces spaghetti, cooked and drained
- 2 scallions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Heat oil in a large skillet.
- Add pepper and chicken and cook over medium heat until lightly browned.
- Add mushrooms and garlic and cook 2 minutes.
- Add wine, bring to a boil then reduce heat to low.
- When mixture is no longer boiling, add half and half and cheese, stir until melted and season with salt and pepper.
- Spoon mixture over pasta and sprinkle with scallions and parsley.
Good recipe! We added asparagus slices (canned), which was delicious. My family thought the blue cheese flavor was a bit strong though. We had leftovers so we added a bit of chicken broth to it and it tasted perfect! Thanks for the nice recipe!