Recipe by I'mPat
From one of my favourite chefs James Reeson and his show Alive and Cooking. He presented this at the request of watcher, looks good. Times are estimated.
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 4 slices ham (medium slice not fine)
- 100 g mushrooms (small marinated, sliced)
- 100 g cottage cheese
- 100 ml chicken stock
- 50 g butter
- 50 g flour
- 350 -400 ml milk
- 2 sheets puff pastry
- 1 egg (lighly beaten for egg wash)
Directions See How It's Made
- Slice the chicken breast in half lenghtwise.
- Heat tablespoon of oil in frypan and seal chicken on both sides and remove and allow to cool.
- In the same pan melt the butter then fry the mushrooms till well cooked and then sir in the flour and cook for 2 minutes.
- Slowly pour in the chicken stock and milk while stirring constantly until all combined, approximately 5 minutes.
- Cut the pastry in half diagonally (forming a triangle) and place 1 slice of ham and then the a chicken breast on top and then a 1/2 tablespoon cottage cheese and fold over the pastry, brush with egg wash and then place of a baking sheet, complete other 3.
- Bake at 230C for 15 minutes.
- Serve with the mushroom sauce and steamed vegetables.