Recipe by PalauanPancake
From "Jamaica run-dung" By Teresa E. Cleary I haven't tried this one yet but I think another aromatic or two, garlic, ginger, lemon grass, or basil might be a good addition.
- 3 lbs chicken (cut into serving pieces)
- 2 cups coconut cream
- 1 cup jamaican red stripe beer
- 2 ounces onions
- 1 large sweet pepper
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- oil (for frying)
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown chicken pieces in oil.
- After browning pour off excess oil, leaving two tablespoons in pan.
- Return chicken to pan, pour in coconut cream and beer, leave to simmer over a very low flame for about 30 minutes.
- Cut up onion and sweet pepper add to chicken and season with salt and pepper.
- Allow to simmer another 30 minutes or until chicken is tender and the liquid has been reduced to a gravy.
- If liquid dries out too quickly replenish with remaining beer in bottle.