Recipe by Pooja Kanal
I had some leftover beer in the house which had gone flat. Had chicken breasts in the house so decided to try and combine the two.
- 2 teaspoons oil (I used extra virgin olive oil)
- 4 boneless chicken breast halves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons thinly sliced shallots
- 1⁄2 cup beer
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon whole grain Dijon mustard
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro leaves
Directions See How It's Made
- 1. Heat a pan over medium-high heat. Add oil to pan; swirl to coat.
- 2. Sprinkle chicken evenly with pepper and salt. Add chicken to pan; sauté 6 minutes on each side or until done.
- 3. Remove chicken from pan; keep warm.
- 4. Add shallots to the same pan and cook for 1 minute or until translucent.
- 5. Combine beer, soy sauce, dijon mustard and honey in a small bowl and stir with a whisk.
- 6. Add beer mixture to pan; bring to a boil, scraping pan to loosen browned bits.
- 7. Cook 3 minutes or until liquid is reduced to 1/2 cup.
- 8. Return chicken to pan; turn to coat with sauce. Sprinkle evenly with cilantro.