Cook1 hr 30 mins
This is a great recipe if you are entertaining. It was given to me by my great friend in the UK - Mark aka MGB. It is a really rich dish and the presentation is fantastic. Everyone loves it, and is amazed that there is no stock in the sauce.
- Sauté the chicken pieces in 2 oz of butter and a little oil.
- Add the shallots and the mushrooms and continue to cook.
- When they are well browned, pour over the beer and the gin, season with salt and pepper and simmer on a gentle heat for about an hour, or until the chicken is tender.
- Shortly before serving, arrange the chicken pieces in separate a deep dish and keep hot.
- On a high heat, reduce the sauce by about half, then add the cream to thicken sauce, with the rest of the butter, whisking all the while.
- Whisk in the Guinness (it really makes a lot of difference), then pour back over the chicken and sprinkle the parsley.
- Serve with fresh pasta (I use shells, as they hold the sauce).