1/4 Photos of Chicken in Beer
1 hr 40 mins
1 hr 30 mins
Sooz Cooks's Note:
This is a great recipe if you are entertaining. It was given to me by my great friend in the UK - Mark aka MGB. It is a really rich dish and the presentation is fantastic. Everyone loves it, and is amazed that there is no stock in the sauce.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Sauté the chicken pieces in 2 oz of butter and a little oil.
- 2Add the shallots and the mushrooms and continue to cook.
- 3When they are well browned, pour over the beer and the gin, season with salt and pepper and simmer on a gentle heat for about an hour, or until the chicken is tender.
- 4Shortly before serving, arrange the chicken pieces in separate a deep dish and keep hot.
- 5On a high heat, reduce the sauce by about half, then add the cream to thicken sauce, with the rest of the butter, whisking all the while.
- 6Whisk in the Guinness (it really makes a lot of difference), then pour back over the chicken and sprinkle the parsley.
- 7Serve with fresh pasta (I use shells, as they hold the sauce).
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken in Beer
Serving Size: 1 (462 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1192.9
- Calories from Fat 793
- Total Fat 88.2 g
- Saturated Fat 37.8 g
- Cholesterol 363.2 mg
- Sodium 481.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 1.1 g
- Protein 68.2 g