Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Make sure your breasts are thin for a quick cook.
Make and share this Chicken in Basil Cream Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup dried Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, pounded thin
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 garlic clove
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1⁄4 cup sun-dried tomato, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh basil
- black pepper
- Place milk and bread crumbs in separate, shallow bowls.
- In skillet, heat butter and olive oil to medium heat. Season breasts with salt and pepper. Dip chicken in milk, then coat with crumbs. Cook chicken, on both sides, until juices run clear (about 10 minutes). Remove and keep warm.
- Add the garlic to the pan and cook for 30 seconds over medium heat. Add the chicken broth to the skillet. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat and stir to loosen browned bits from pan. Stir in cream and sun-dried tomatoes; boil and stir for 1 minute. Reduce heat.
- Add Parmesan cheese, basil and pepper. Stir sauce and cook until heated through. For a thicker sauce all you have to do is cook it longer, about 3-5 minutes.
- Serve chicken with sauce poured over the top.
MMmmm... Crispy chicken in creamy sun dried tomato and basil, yum!