Recipe by Teri
If you like Balsamic vinegar you will love this. If you are a little skittish you may want to add the vinegar in small portions and taste test. As posted this really pops with flavor. I serve this with angel hair pasta and green beans.
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, lightly pounded
- ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2⁄3 whole garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (I use Enova Oil)
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
Directions See How It's Made
- Season chicken breasts with ground black pepper and garlic powder.
- Heat oil in a medium skillet, and brown the onion, minced garlic and seasoned chicken breasts. ( be careful not to over cook the garlic, it will turn bitter).
- Pour tomatoes and balsamic vinegar over chicken, and season with basil, oregano, rosemary and thyme. Simmer until chicken is no longer pink and the juices run clear, about 15 minutes.