Recipe by English_Rose
Low-fat tender chicken in a rich gravy with rosemary and balsamic vinegar.
Top Review by Cook4_6
I loved the combination of flavors in this dish. Next time, I would probably quick fry the chicken and remove it, then make the sauce and put the chicken back in the end. I would also reduce the oj to 1/2 c and broth to 1/3 cup. I would have liked to see the sauce reduce to more of a syrupy consistency. We really enjoyed this though!
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 29.58 ml olive oil
- 44.37 ml balsamic vinegar
- 158.51 ml fresh orange juice
- 158.51 ml chicken stock
- 9.85 ml rosemary, chopped
- 4.92 ml light brown sugar
- 14.17 g butter
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Put the chicken between pieces of plastic wrap and flatten slightly by bashing with a pan.
- Unwrap and sprinkle on both sides with pepper. Heat the oil in a pan over a medium heat, then fry the chicken for 5 minutes, turning halfway through.
- Pour 2 tbsp vinegar over the chicken, add the orange juice and stock and sprinkle with the rosemary and salt.
- Bring to the boil, lower the heat and bubble gently for 15 minutes until tender, spooning with the sauce frequently and turning chicken halfway through.
- Stir in the sugar, butter and rest of the vinegar, then sizzle for a few minutes until reduced and glossy.
- Put the chicken in a serving dish, spoon the sauce over and garnish with orange segments and rosemary sprigs if you wish.
- Serve with rice and a crisp green salad.