1/1 Photo of Chicken in Balsamic, Orange & Rosemary Sauce
Low-fat tender chicken in a rich gravy with rosemary and balsamic vinegar.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Put the chicken between pieces of plastic wrap and flatten slightly by bashing with a pan.
- 2Unwrap and sprinkle on both sides with pepper. Heat the oil in a pan over a medium heat, then fry the chicken for 5 minutes, turning halfway through.
- 3Pour 2 tbsp vinegar over the chicken, add the orange juice and stock and sprinkle with the rosemary and salt.
- 4Bring to the boil, lower the heat and bubble gently for 15 minutes until tender, spooning with the sauce frequently and turning chicken halfway through.
- 5Stir in the sugar, butter and rest of the vinegar, then sizzle for a few minutes until reduced and glossy.
- 6Put the chicken in a serving dish, spoon the sauce over and garnish with orange segments and rosemary sprigs if you wish.
- 7Serve with rice and a crisp green salad.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken in Balsamic, Orange & Rosemary Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (223 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 252.6
- Calories from Fat 105
- Total Fat 11.6 g
- Saturated Fat 3.2 g
- Cholesterol 77.2 mg
- Sodium 155.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 5.2 g
- Protein 28.5 g