Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Low-fat tender chicken in a rich gravy with rosemary and balsamic vinegar.
Make and share this Chicken in Balsamic, Orange & Rosemary Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- Put the chicken between pieces of plastic wrap and flatten slightly by bashing with a pan.
- Unwrap and sprinkle on both sides with pepper. Heat the oil in a pan over a medium heat, then fry the chicken for 5 minutes, turning halfway through.
- Pour 2 tbsp vinegar over the chicken, add the orange juice and stock and sprinkle with the rosemary and salt.
- Bring to the boil, lower the heat and bubble gently for 15 minutes until tender, spooning with the sauce frequently and turning chicken halfway through.
- Stir in the sugar, butter and rest of the vinegar, then sizzle for a few minutes until reduced and glossy.
- Put the chicken in a serving dish, spoon the sauce over and garnish with orange segments and rosemary sprigs if you wish.
- Serve with rice and a crisp green salad.
I loved the combination of flavors in this dish. Next time, I would probably quick fry the chicken and remove it, then make the sauce and put the chicken back in the end. I would also reduce the oj to 1/2 c and broth to 1/3 cup. I would have liked to see the sauce reduce to more of a syrupy consistency. We really enjoyed this though!
This was a simple, tangy dish which we really enjoyed. I only had enough orange for 1/3 cup of juice so a used a pink grapefruitf for the rest, It was pretty sweet so it worked just fine. I used a scant tsp of dry rosemary, I would use a little less next time because it is fairly dominant. I was surprised that the dish has an Asian flavor overtone to it. I used 2 chicken breasts but used the full amount of sauce and served it over jasmine rice. Thank you English_Rose for sharing this recipe. Made for New Kids on the Block Tag.