1/24 Photos of Chicken in Balsamic Barbecue Sauce
I found this recipe on-line while looking for South African recipes and it stated: "adapted from South African Gourmet Food and Wine by Rosen & Loon"
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 chicken breasts, Medium
- 1 small onion, Finely Chopped
- 59.14 ml olive oil
- 177.44 ml balsamic vinegar
- 44.37 ml sugar
- 88.74 ml ketchup
- 29.58 ml Worcestershire sauce
- 4 green onions, Chopped
- 1 chicken bouillon cube, Crushed
- 4.92 ml salt
- 4.92 ml pepper
- 4.92 ml dry mustard
- 3 garlic cloves, Finely Chopped
- Tabasco sauce, To Taste
- 1Combine all ingredients except chicken.
- 2Marinate chicken in half the sauce for 3 hours or overnight.
- 3Put remaining marinade aside.
- 4Remove chicken from marinade, place chicken in foil-lined pan and broil until nicely browned about 10- 20 minutes per side(depending on the size), or grill on the bbq.
- 5Heat reserved marinade and pour over chicken. Serve.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken in Balsamic Barbecue Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (286 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 498.0
- Calories from Fat 244
- Total Fat 27.1 g
- Saturated Fat 6.4 g
- Cholesterol 123.8 mg
- Sodium 901.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 15.9 g
- Protein 41.3 g