Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
I found this recipe on-line while looking for South African recipes and it stated: "adapted from South African Gourmet Food and Wine by Rosen & Loon"
- 8 chicken breasts, Medium
- 1 small onion, Finely Chopped
- 59.14 ml olive oil
- 177.44 ml balsamic vinegar
- 44.37 ml sugar
- 88.74 ml ketchup
- 29.58 ml Worcestershire sauce
- 4 green onions, Chopped
- 1 chicken bouillon cube, Crushed
- 4.92 ml salt
- 4.92 ml pepper
- 4.92 ml dry mustard
- 3 garlic cloves, Finely Chopped
- Tabasco sauce, To Taste
- Combine all ingredients except chicken.
- Marinate chicken in half the sauce for 3 hours or overnight.
- Put remaining marinade aside.
- Remove chicken from marinade, place chicken in foil-lined pan and broil until nicely browned about 10- 20 minutes per side(depending on the size), or grill on the bbq.
- Heat reserved marinade and pour over chicken. Serve.
I made half the marinade for near 1 lb of boneless skinless chicken thighs. But I used a small onion for half marinade. I used brown sugar instead of sugar cause I didn't have sugar. I omitted the salt and pepper. It was in the marinade overnight. Very yummy. We loved that. Thanks Diner :) Made for Holiday tag
This was delicious. I used boneless skinless chicken breasts and boneless skinless chicken thighs. I followed the remainder of the recipe exactly, cooking it on the grill. We prepared it for a family dinner, and everyone loved it.
This recipe was recommended by Chef #498271. I made it with all the ingredients listed but just simmered the sauce to thicken then placed the cooked chicken breasts into the sauce to warm. Yummy!