I found this recipe on-line while looking for South African recipes and it stated: "adapted from South African Gourmet Food and Wine by Rosen & Loon"
- 8 chicken breasts, Medium
- 1 small onion, Finely Chopped
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 3⁄4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 6 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 4 green onions, Chopped
- 1 chicken bouillon cube, Crushed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 3 garlic cloves, Finely Chopped
- Tabasco sauce, To Taste
- Combine all ingredients except chicken.
- Marinate chicken in half the sauce for 3 hours or overnight.
- Put remaining marinade aside.
- Remove chicken from marinade, place chicken in foil-lined pan and broil until nicely browned about 10- 20 minutes per side(depending on the size), or grill on the bbq.
- Heat reserved marinade and pour over chicken. Serve.