Recipe by Mirj
I make this usually for Rosh Hashana. It's a good autumn dish
Top Review by cpenner
This was a good recipe, easy to make, and turned out well. I felt something was missing... maybe some brown sugar (or is that just my sweet tooth talking?) or some sliced apple. Next time I will try adding both. I served with rice, broccoli and carrots.
- 2 cups white flour
- 4 chicken breasts, cubed
- 2 onions, thinly sliced
- 1 1⁄2 cups apple juice
- 3 teaspoons orange rind
- 10 cloves garlic, peeled
- salt, pepper and mustard powder,to taste
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried ginger
- oil (for frying)
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the salt, pepper and mustard powder in a plastic bag with the flour.
- Shake the chicken in the bag until it is well coated with the seasoned flour.
- Heat the oil in a heavy saucepan and saute the chicken on all sides.
- Remove and drain.
- Saute the onion.
- Add the apple juice and garlic.
- Add the rest of the seasonings, orange peel and chicken.
- Pour into an ovenproof dish and cook in a medium oven (180 degrees Celsius) for about 45 minutes.