Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
A rich and different dish.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 6 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 6 chicken breasts
- salt & pepper
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 1 apple, sliced thin
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons brandy (optional)
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- Melt butter with oil in pan.
- Salt and pepper chicken and saut in pan until golden brown and 3/4 done.
- Remove chicken from pan and place on paper towels to drain.
- Drain most of remaining oil out of frying pan.
- In remaining oil, saut onions and apples until tender and light golden brown.
- Add broth and cook apples and onions until liquid is reduced by half.
- Return chicken and simmer until chicken is cooked through.
- Remove chicken.
- Add brandy to sauce and simmer 2-3 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add cream.
- Return chicken to cream sauce and heat gently 5 minutes.
- Be careful to not boil the cream.