Recipe by vverkin925
This is a pretty "one dish" meal where the dish is edible. Or serve surrounded by your favorite pasta noddles.
Top Review by Trisha W
This recipe turned out to be just okay, not near as good as I had thought it would be. The flavors just did not blend to my taste's liking. Though I did eat my whole meal, I will not repeat this recipe.
- 2 acorn squash (approx 1 1/2 lbs each)
- 4 tablespoons butter or 4 tablespoons margarine
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 4 green onions, chopped without tops
- 1 (2 1/2 ounce) cansliced green olives
- 1 1⁄3 cups grated cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 cup chopped celery
- 1 (4 ounce) can green chilies, diced
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 medium ripe avocado, pitted and cut into 8 slices
- 1⁄2 cup toasted sliced almonds
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut each squash in half lengthwise, remove seeds and cut a thin slice off the bottom so they will"sit" nicely when served.
- Spread butter over entire cavity of each half and place cut side down on a cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.
- While the squash is baking, combine all the remaining ingredients except the avacado and almonds.
- Mix well.
- When squash is finished, remove from oven, turn upright and fill with equal amounts of filling.
- Top each half with 2 slices of avacado and sprinkle with almonds.
- Return to oven and bake for 25 minutes.