Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
This came from a Sun-Maid Raisin advertisement. Use a little less lemon juice if you don't prefer the tang. I added couscous to this dish at the end of cooking, by boiling in some chicken broth and then the couscous.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil (or use cooking spray to reduce fat)
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 3⁄4 cup raisins
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar or 3 tablespoons brown sugar substitute
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger or 1⁄2 teaspoon dried ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- Heat oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium heat. Brown chicken breasts 3 minutes on each side. Remove and keep warm.
- Add tomatoes, raisins, lemon juice, brown sugar, ginger, cinnamon, and pepper to skillet. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer 3-5 minutes, or until slightly reduced.
- Add chicken breasts back to skillet. Cover and simmer 10-15 minutes, until chicken is cooked through.