Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Cook6 hrs 25 mins
America's Test Kitchen
Make and share this Chicken in a Pot II recipe from Food.com.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over med-high heat until shimmering.
- Add onion, garlic, and tomato paste; cook until onions are softened and lightly browned, 8-10 minutes.
- Stir in flour and cook for 1 minute.
- Slowly whisk in wine and broth, scraping up any browned bits and smoothing out any lumps; transfer to slow cooker.
- Add thyme sprigs and bay leaves to slow cooker.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper and place, breast side down, in slow cooker.
- Cover and cook until chicken is tender, 4-6 hours on LOW.
- Transfer chicken to cutting board, tent loosely with foil, and let rest for 20 minutes.
- Let braising liquid settle for 5 minutes, then remove fat from surface using large spoon.
- Strain liquid, discarding any solids, and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Carve chicken and serve with sauce.