Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
NICE & EASY....But FULL OF FLAVOR. This recipe comes from a set of cookbooks I once had called The Woman's Day Encyclopedia of Cookery. This set was picked up a book a week at a local food market back in the 1960's. Back in the 60's we picked up everything by way of supermarket promotions....be it cookware, dinnerware, silverware, or whatever. Those were the good old days. I no longer have this set of cookbooks, gave them to my first daughter-in-law. But this is one of the recipes from that set that I had copied into my recipe box.
- 2 (2 1/2 lb) frying chicken, cut in quarters
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1 large onion, minced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 medium tomatoes, chopped or 1⁄2 cup drained canned tomato
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- In Dutch oven or heavy kettle, brown chicken in olive oil until golden brown.
- Sprinkle with onion, garlic, salt and pepper.
- Cover and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Add tomato and wine and simmer for 30 minutes longer, or until chicken is tender.