Recipe by kineline
This dish uses just one skillet to prepare. Quick, easy and delicious. Tomato paste and chicken broth combine to make a tasty sauce. Garnish with fresh parsley
Top Review by bmcnichol
This got mixed reviews at our house. I followed the recipe as written other then I didn't use the breadcrumbs and olive oil. I just cooked the chicken in a non-stick pan. I didn't add the mushrooms to the sauce either as I didn't have any. I also doubled the recipe for my family. It was a quick, easy dinner.
- 3⁄4 cup chicken broth
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 (4 ounce) boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 3 tablespoons dry breadcrumbs
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 cups fresh mushrooms, sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium bowl, combine the broth, tomato paste, ground black pepper, oregano, salt and garlic. Mix well and set aside.
- Dredge the chicken in the bread crumbs, coating well. Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Saute the chicken in the oil for 2 minutes per side, or until lightly browned.
- Add the reserved broth mixture and the mushrooms to the skillet and bring to a boil. Then cover, reduce heat to low and simmer for 20 minutes. Remove chicken and set aside, covering to keep it warm.
- Bring broth mixture to a boil and cook for 4 minutes, or until reduced to desired thickness. Spoon sauce over the chicken and serve.