Recipe by Dancer^
Here's a barbecued chicken meal that's oh-so-easy to prepare, the chicken, potatoes and peppers all cook together in one big foil packet.
Top Review by Laudee
Ahah! Found another winner by Dancer! OMG, Girl, this chicken recipe is fantastic. It's really easy to toss together and bake. I did add a few onion slices on top of the mix, otherwise, followed your directions. It turned out really good. Thanks for sharing such a neat recipe! Laudee C.
- 1⁄2 cup bottled barbecue sauce
- 4 (4 ounce) boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 green pepper, cut into strips
- 1 sweet red pepper, cut into strips
- 4 small baking potatoes or 12 new potatoes, thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon freshly-ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Tear off two pieces of foil the size of a cookie sheet.
- Place one piece of the foil on a cookie sheet.
- Spoon half of the barbecue sauce on the center of the foil.
- Layer the chicken, green and red peppers and potatoes on top.
- Sprinkle with the black pepper.
- Top with the remaining barbecue sauce.
- Place the remaining piece of foil on top.
- Seal edges with double folds.
- Bake for 50 minutes.
- Carefully open the packet and check the chicken for doneness.
- If the chicken is still pink, close the packet and bake about 5 minutes more or until done.
- To make individual packets, use four 18 by 14-inch pieces of foil.
- On one half of each piece of foil, layer the ingredients as directed above.
- Fold the other half of the foil over the top and seal each packet.
- Bake as directed.