Prep 25 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is a Chinese starter of little bundles of chicken and ham. From Martin Yan's Invitation to Chinese Cooking.
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 tablespoons chinese rice wine or 2 tablespoons dry sherry
- 1 tablespoon dark soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken, cut into 30 bite size pieces
- 2 ounces ham or 2 ounces lop cheong Chinese sausage
- 2 ounces sliced bamboo shoots
- 6 slices gingerroot, julienned
- 2 green onions, julienned
- 30 cilantro leaves
- 30 pieces aluminum foil, each 5 inches square
- Preheat the oven to 400°F Combine the marinade ingredients in a bowl. Add the chicken and stir to coat. Let stand for 15 minutes. Cut the ham into matchstick pieces. If using the chinese sausage, boil in water for a minute or two before cutting.
- On each pieces of foil, place one piece of chicken, ham, bamboo shoot, ginger, green onion, and cilantro leaf. Fold the foil in half to form a triangle. Fold the edges to seal.
- Place the packets in a single layer on a baking sheet. Bake until the chicken is opaque when cut, 10 to 12 minutes.