Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
A great Sandi Richards recipe, with some minor changes. If you're counting WW points, this one is 8. Enjoy!
- Heat oil in a large non stick fry pan over medium heat.
- Place chicken and garlic in the pan. Add only 2 cups of chicken stock. Keep simmering and turning chicken until broth has almost completely evaporated, about 15 minutes.
- Once sauce has almost completely evaporated, remove chicken and set aside on a plate.
- Pour 1/4 cup broth to the pan and stir to deglaze. Slowly whisk in cream and sugar.
- Return chicken to pan and heat gently in the sauce, for 10 minutes.
- Serve over rice or pasta and sprinkle with green onion.
Fantastic recipe!! I can't believe how simple this was to prepare and the taste was over the top delicious. My son finished his first serving and was into his 2nd before I was halfway finished (he is 15 though!!). The whole family loved this recipe. I think next time I'll brown the chicken a bit more in the pan before adding the broth but love that the chicks cook by poaching than doing it completely as pan fried. I too skipped on the sugar - just don't see the need. Have I told you how much we loved it yet? 10*** definitely! Thanks Nif - made for Went to the Market Tag and now going into my much loved recipes cookbook.
Well now I ask you, how could you not fall in love with this recipe? It's simple delicious, perfect, comfort food. I omitted the sugar, and to be honest I doubt that I would have felt it was a 5 star recipe with sweetening of any kind added. It was rich, creamy tasting, and very satisfying without it. You sure can't complain about the time either. This one is a keeper for sure!