Recipe by Nif
A great Sandi Richards recipe, with some minor changes. If you're counting WW points, this one is 8. Enjoy!
Top Review by HokiesMom
Fantastic recipe!! I can't believe how simple this was to prepare and the taste was over the top delicious. My son finished his first serving and was into his 2nd before I was halfway finished (he is 15 though!!). The whole family loved this recipe. I think next time I'll brown the chicken a bit more in the pan before adding the broth but love that the chicks cook by poaching than doing it completely as pan fried. I too skipped on the sugar - just don't see the need. Have I told you how much we loved it yet? 10*** definitely! Thanks Nif - made for Went to the Market Tag and now going into my much loved recipes cookbook.
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts (4 breasts)
- 2 teaspoons garlic, crushed
- 2 1⁄4 cups low sodium chicken broth, divided
- 1 1⁄2 cups 10% cream
- 1 teaspoon white sugar
- 1 tablespoon green onions or 1 tablespoon chives, thinly sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in a large non stick fry pan over medium heat.
- Place chicken and garlic in the pan. Add only 2 cups of chicken stock. Keep simmering and turning chicken until broth has almost completely evaporated, about 15 minutes.
- Once sauce has almost completely evaporated, remove chicken and set aside on a plate.
- Pour 1/4 cup broth to the pan and stir to deglaze. Slowly whisk in cream and sugar.
- Return chicken to pan and heat gently in the sauce, for 10 minutes.
- Serve over rice or pasta and sprinkle with green onion.