Prep 8 mins
Cook 20 mins
Really quick and easy. A great use for leftover chicken. And the huts are really cute! My husband has to eat three "huts" to be full, so you might want to double the recipe if you have a family. I got this recipe from a dear woman, Anne Reynolds.
- 2 cups chicken, cooked and cubed
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (1 ounce) package crescent roll
- Combine all ingredients except rolls.
- Set aside.
- Divide rolls into 4 sets of 2 rolls each.
- Press seams together of 2 rolls to form a square.
- Spoon ¼ of chicken mixture onto the middle of the square.
- Fold corners up to make the hut.
- Place seam side down on foil covered cookie sheet.
- Bake according to crescent roll package directions.
- To make a little bit fancy drizzle melted butter on top of the hut and spring finely crushed breadcrumbs on top.
These are wonderful. A nice quick dinner for the weeknights. I added a bit of dill to the mixture and loved the results!
Laura Leigh's Chicken Hut was a great dish! I followed the recipe but used smoked chicken since I had an abundance. It was easy and quick. I can't wait to try your other recipes! Hark the sound...KT
Awesome recipe! I added in chives and came out with the best flavor! Very quick and easy!! Cleanup is a breeze! Very nice plate presentation also. I will certainly make this again! Perfect for the family,holidays or dinner guests. Kids would love this!! For them I'd recommend cheddar cheese sauce instead of cream cheese. The possibilites are endless! Thanks Laura!!