Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
A delicious lunch time meal that is healthier than hot dogs. Very Good!! In this recipe, I prefer not to mix the lettuce in with the chicken mixture. I put the lettuce in the bottom of the hot dog bun as a bed for the chicken mixture; the choice is yours.
- 6 hot dog buns, soft
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups cooked chicken, diced
- 1⁄2 cup celery, diced
- 1⁄2 head iceberg lettuce, shredded
- 2 tablespoons salad dressing (Miracle Whip)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- Butter the outside of each hot dog bun and grill in a hot skillet until golden brown on each side, about a minute per side; set aside.
- In a bowl, combine cooked chicken, celery, lettuce, salad dressing, salt and pepper. Lightly toss.
- Stuff each bun with chicken mixture.
- Makes 6 servings.