Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Make and share this Chicken in a Fresh Tomato and Eggplant Sauce With Spaghetti recipe from Food.com.
- coarse salt
- 1 lb spaghetti
- 5 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 baby eggplants, cut into 1/2 inch dice (or 1 small firm eggplant)
- 1 1⁄3 lbs chicken tenders, cut into small bite-size pieces
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- coarse black pepper
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 1 1⁄2 cups chicken stock
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes or 1 pint grape tomatoes
- 1 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- 1 cup grated parmigiano-reggiano cheese
- crusty bread
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil; when boiling, salt the water and cook pasta al dente; drain pasta, but reserve ½ cup pasta cooking liquid.
- Preheat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat with 3 tablespoons oil; add in eggplant; cook, stirring occasionally, until brown, about 5-6 minutes.
- Remove the eggplant from the skillet to a plate and cover with foil to keep warm.
- Return the skillet to the stove; add in the remaining 2 tablespoons oil; add in the chicken and cook to lightly brown, about 4-5 minutes.
- Add in the onions and garlic; return the eggplant to the skillet, season with salt, pepper, and crushed red pepper flakes; continue to cook 3-4 minutes.
- Add in white wine and chicken stock; bring to a simmer; cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Add in the cherry tomatoes and pasta water; cook until the tomatoes begin to burst.
- Add in the parsley and cooked pasta; toss to coat, and cook for 1-2 minutes or until the sauce tightens up around the pasta.
- Turn off the heat; add in grated Parmigiano-Reggiano; toss to coat the spaghetti.
- Serve warm with crusty bread.