My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- coarse salt
- 1 lb spaghetti
- 5 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 baby eggplants, cut into 1/2 inch dice (or 1 small firm eggplant)
- 1 1/3 lbs chicken tenders, cut into small bite-size pieces
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- coarse black pepper
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 1/2 cups chicken stock
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes or 1 pint grape tomatoes
- 1 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- 1 cup grated parmigiano-reggiano cheese
- crusty bread
- 1Bring a large pot of water to a boil; when boiling, salt the water and cook pasta al dente; drain pasta, but reserve ½ cup pasta cooking liquid.
- 2Preheat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat with 3 tablespoons oil; add in eggplant; cook, stirring occasionally, until brown, about 5-6 minutes.
- 3Remove the eggplant from the skillet to a plate and cover with foil to keep warm.
- 4Return the skillet to the stove; add in the remaining 2 tablespoons oil; add in the chicken and cook to lightly brown, about 4-5 minutes.
- 5Add in the onions and garlic; return the eggplant to the skillet, season with salt, pepper, and crushed red pepper flakes; continue to cook 3-4 minutes.
- 6Add in white wine and chicken stock; bring to a simmer; cook for 3-4 minutes.
- 7Add in the cherry tomatoes and pasta water; cook until the tomatoes begin to burst.
- 8Add in the parsley and cooked pasta; toss to coat, and cook for 1-2 minutes or until the sauce tightens up around the pasta.
- 9Turn off the heat; add in grated Parmigiano-Reggiano; toss to coat the spaghetti.
- 10Serve warm with crusty bread.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken in a Fresh Tomato and Eggplant Sauce With Spaghetti
Serving Size: 1 (643 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1012.4
- Calories from Fat 253
- Total Fat 28.1 g
- Saturated Fat 7.1 g
- Cholesterol 104.8 mg
- Sodium 595.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 120.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 19.5 g
- Sugars 16.7 g
- Protein 65.3 g