Recipe by Ridgely
We are not big casserole people at our house, but my dear 77 year old neighbor gave me this recipe and our family has decided it is keeper. I added some Munster cheese that I had in my frig to kick it up it a bit. Very tasty!
- 2 (12 ounce) packages Stove Top stuffing mix, prepared as directed
- 3 -4 boneless chicken breasts, cooked and cubed
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans cream of chicken soup
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) canfull milk
- 1 1⁄2 cups frozen peas, to taste
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1⁄4 cup chopped celery
- 6 slices of your favorite white cheese (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Layer one package prepared stuffing in a 13 x 9 pan that has been sprayed.
- Mix soup and milk together in a medium bowl and whisk until smooth.
- Add all remaining ingredients together and stir.
- Pour chicken mixture over the stuffing in the pan and spread evenly.
- (At this point I layered 6 slices of Munster cheese on top of chicken mixture.) Layer the remaining package of prepared stuffing over the top of the chicken mixture.
- Bake at 350 for 30 to 40 minutes until bubbly around the edges.