Recipe by Meekocu2
This reciped is adapted from Suzanne Sommers. I serve this along side with Rice a Roni Chicken and Mushroom rice. The sauce is good over the rice. I double the sauce. Steamed asparagus pairs nicely with it. Leftover sauce is also good served along side a nice juicy grilled ribeye!!
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 29.58 ml butter (must use butter here)
- 118.29 ml finely chopped onion
- 236.59 ml chopped shiitake mushroom
- 236.59 ml heavy cream (1/2 and 1/2 works fine)
- 29.58 ml balsamic vinegar
- 7.39 ml Dijon mustard
- 29.58 ml chopped fresh parsley
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat a large skillet over medium high heat. When pan is hot, add butter and melt. Add chicken breasts and cook 6 minutes. Turn and cook another 6 minutes. Remove from skillet and keep warm.
- Add onions to skillet and 5 minutes, scraping bits off bottom of pan, add mushrooms and cook until onions and mushrooms are tender.
- Add cream and vinegar, bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer 4 minutes. Stir in mustard, parsley, salt and pepper.
- Spoon over chicken breasts and serve.
- (I add the chicken back to the skillet with the juices and simmer about 10-15 minutes).
- This one is really tasty!