Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This reciped is adapted from Suzanne Sommers. I serve this along side with Rice a Roni Chicken and Mushroom rice. The sauce is good over the rice. I double the sauce. Steamed asparagus pairs nicely with it. Leftover sauce is also good served along side a nice juicy grilled ribeye!!
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons butter (must use butter here)
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped shiitake mushroom
- 1 cup heavy cream (1/2 and 1/2 works fine)
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄2 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- salt and pepper
- Heat a large skillet over medium high heat. When pan is hot, add butter and melt. Add chicken breasts and cook 6 minutes. Turn and cook another 6 minutes. Remove from skillet and keep warm.
- Add onions to skillet and 5 minutes, scraping bits off bottom of pan, add mushrooms and cook until onions and mushrooms are tender.
- Add cream and vinegar, bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer 4 minutes. Stir in mustard, parsley, salt and pepper.
- Spoon over chicken breasts and serve.
- (I add the chicken back to the skillet with the juices and simmer about 10-15 minutes).
- This one is really tasty!