Recipe by BIG_CHIEF
I don't remember where I got this one, but it is so yummy! It's easy but elegant, perfect for company. I always substitute half and half for the heavy cream and it tastes very rich but with less calories. This is a great dish for a beginner cook to impress the in-laws with! Goes great with buttered egg noodles with some parsley sprinkled in and a nice green veggie. Enjoy!
- 4 large whole skinless chicken breasts, halved
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1 lb small fresh mushrooms, quartered
- 1 tablespoon onion, minced
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1⁄4 cup dry sherry
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 2 tablespoons water
Directions See How It's Made
- On waxed paper, coat chicken breasts with flour. Melt margarine/butter in 12-inch skillet over medium heat. When margarine is hot, cook chicken just until lightly browned on all sides. Remove chicken from pan and set aside.
- In remaining skillet drippings, over medium heat, cook mushrooms and onion 5-10 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Stir in cream, sherry, salt and pepper and stir to blend well. Return chicken to skillet. Reduce heat to VERY low. Cover and BARELY simmer 15-20 minutes or until chicken is fork-tender. Remove chicken to a warm platter and set aside.
- In a cup, blend 1 T flour with 2 T water. Gradually add to pan liquid stirring constantly. Cook until mixture is thickened.
- Spoon sauce over chicken breasts and serve.