Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I don't remember where I got this one, but it is so yummy! It's easy but elegant, perfect for company. I always substitute half and half for the heavy cream and it tastes very rich but with less calories. This is a great dish for a beginner cook to impress the in-laws with! Goes great with buttered egg noodles with some parsley sprinkled in and a nice green veggie. Enjoy!
- On waxed paper, coat chicken breasts with flour. Melt margarine/butter in 12-inch skillet over medium heat. When margarine is hot, cook chicken just until lightly browned on all sides. Remove chicken from pan and set aside.
- In remaining skillet drippings, over medium heat, cook mushrooms and onion 5-10 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Stir in cream, sherry, salt and pepper and stir to blend well. Return chicken to skillet. Reduce heat to VERY low. Cover and BARELY simmer 15-20 minutes or until chicken is fork-tender. Remove chicken to a warm platter and set aside.
- In a cup, blend 1 T flour with 2 T water. Gradually add to pan liquid stirring constantly. Cook until mixture is thickened.
- Spoon sauce over chicken breasts and serve.
This recipe was in Good Housekeeping years ago. Our family has enjoyed it since the 1970's when we first tried it. Cook it and they will come!!
This looked so good, I had to try this one of yours too! The flavors are excellent! Served it up with garlic mashed potatoes and roasted asparagus. Good enough for company any day!
This was elegant and dee-licious! Will make it again. Did add terragon to give it a little different flavor.