Recipe by ladygwyn
From my mother in law. This creamy chicken dish is always a hit. Can use just about any wine you have on hand. If you use a sweeter wine it will give a sweeter taste to the sauce.
- 2 chicken breasts (cut into bite size pieces)
- 1⁄2 cup flour (for dredging)
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 lb mushroom (sliced)
- 1 tablespoon onion, minced
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄4 cup wine (or apple juice or water)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder (optional)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons water
Directions See How It's Made
- Coat chicken with flour.
- Brown chicken in melted butter.
- Remove chicken.
- Add mushrooms, and onion to pan and cook till tender.
- Stir in cream, wine, salt, garlic and pepper. Stir to blend well.
- Return chicken to pan.
- Cover and simmer for 20 minutes or until chicken is done.
- Remove chicken again.
- Stir 1 Tbls flour with the 2 tbls of water in a cup or small bowl.
- slowly add to pan, stirring constantly until thick.
- return chicken to pan till heated through.
- Serve over noodles or rice.