Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
An all-in-one farmhouse dish with new potatoes included.
Make and share this Chicken Hot Pot recipe from Food.com.
- 4 large chicken pieces (leg with thigh portions)
- 1 ounce seasoned flour
- 2 ounces butter
- 1 1⁄2 lbs scraped tiny new potatoes
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 12 baby onions, peeled
- 4 slices streaky bacon, diced
- 4 stalks celery, sliced
- 4 ounces button mushrooms
- salt and black pepper
- 1 pint chicken stock
- 1 teaspoon dried herbs
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 bay leaf
- chopped fresh parsley (to garnish)
- Set oven to 350*F or mark 4.
- Toss the chicken joints in the seasoned flour. Melt the butter in a frying pan and brown the chicken until golden all over.
- Place the joints in a large caserole dish and add the potatoes.
- Put the garlic, onions, bacon celery and mushrooms in the pan you browned the chicken in and cook for a few minutes. Add the remaining flour and stir well. Add the stock gradually, stirring constantly, until thickened. Add the herbs and paprika and check seasoning.
- Pour over the chicken and potatoes.
- Add the bayleaf, cover and cook for 1 to 1 1/2 hours until the meat is tender.
- Remove the bayleaf and garnish with the parsley.
- Serve with carrots.
I watch a British soap called Coronation Street & they always order Hot Pots & make them sound so good. Well if this is what they're eating then it is good! I don't want to think of it yet but this would be really nice on a cold Canadian winter's night. Will make again then. Served with fresh carrots as suggested. True comfort food. Thanks!
Yum. This was good. The gravy was amazing, and the chicken tender. Thanks!
Great dish. My husband loved it and I did as well. The gravy was fantastic. Next time I will steam some rice and pour gravy on it. Thank you so much.