1/1 Photo of Chicken Hot Pot
1 hr 20 mins
An all-in-one farmhouse dish with new potatoes included.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 large chicken pieces (leg with thigh portions)
- 1 ounce seasoned flour
- 2 ounces butter
- 1 1/2 lbs scraped tiny new potatoes
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 12 baby onions, peeled
- 4 slices streaky bacon, diced
- 4 stalks celery, sliced
- 4 ounces button mushrooms
- salt and black pepper
- 1 pint chicken stock
- 1 teaspoon dried herbs
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 bay leaf
- chopped fresh parsley (to garnish)
- 1Set oven to 350*F or mark 4.
- 2Toss the chicken joints in the seasoned flour. Melt the butter in a frying pan and brown the chicken until golden all over.
- 3Place the joints in a large caserole dish and add the potatoes.
- 4Put the garlic, onions, bacon celery and mushrooms in the pan you browned the chicken in and cook for a few minutes. Add the remaining flour and stir well. Add the stock gradually, stirring constantly, until thickened. Add the herbs and paprika and check seasoning.
- 5Pour over the chicken and potatoes.
- 6Add the bayleaf, cover and cook for 1 to 1 1/2 hours until the meat is tender.
- 7Remove the bayleaf and garnish with the parsley.
- 8Serve with carrots.
Browse Our Top Chicken Thigh & Leg Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Thigh & Leg Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Hot Pot
Serving Size: 1 (635 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 500.1
- Calories from Fat 214
- Total Fat 23.8 g
- Saturated Fat 11.2 g
- Cholesterol 49.4 mg
- Sodium 492.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 60.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.1 g
- Sugars 13.9 g
- Protein 12.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: