Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
A very filling chicken and salad
- 1 cup mixed salad green
- 2 small cooked boneless chicken breasts (, skin removed)
- 1⁄2 ripe honeydew melon, , scooped into balls
- 4 spring onions, chopped (green onions)
- 2 tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 mild chili pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 1⁄4 medium cucumber, diced
- 2 ounces small seedless black grapes
- freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 ounces blue cheese, crumbled
- paprika (to garnish)
- Arrange salad leaves on two serving plates.
- Slice the chicken, then arrange on the leaves.
- Combine remaining salad ingredients and season well.
- Spoon over the chicken, drizzling any juices from the melon over the chicken.
- Mix the mayonnaise with the crumbled cheese and season lightly, then dollop a spoonful of dressing on top of each portion.
- Sprinkle with paprika then serve immediately.
What a delicious and beautiful combination of flavors and colors in this salad, Evie!!! The sweetness of the melon is a perfect balance with the bite of the onion and pepper, and the creaminess of the dressing is lovely. I did use cantalope in place of the honeydew melon, since the honeydew were not available here yet. I also used fat-free mayo, and thinned the dressing with just a little skim milk. Thank you for sharing this delicious and healthy recipe.
This was very refreshing. I used about half the blue cheese as the recipe called for because that's all I had. Both my husband & I thought it was plenty. I was looking for a recipe to use up my honeydew. Will make this again! I guessed on the amount of honeydew because I had a large one I also used grape tomatoes as suggested by Fern589. I served it with Grilled Blue Cheese Bread Grilled Blue Cheese and Herb Bread on the BBQ which I had made the day before & had leftover spread. Wonderful dinner!
This was a great find, I had all the ingredients on hand from the farmers stand. Very cool and refreshing and different enough for me with the honeydew. Made it the night before and packed half of it for lunch. Used grape tomatoes, some left over chicken and 3T of blue cheese dressing.