Recipe by Evie*
A very filling chicken and salad
Top Review by moxie
What a delicious and beautiful combination of flavors and colors in this salad, Evie!!! The sweetness of the melon is a perfect balance with the bite of the onion and pepper, and the creaminess of the dressing is lovely. I did use cantalope in place of the honeydew melon, since the honeydew were not available here yet. I also used fat-free mayo, and thinned the dressing with just a little skim milk. Thank you for sharing this delicious and healthy recipe.
- 1 cup mixed salad green
- 2 small cooked boneless chicken breasts (, skin removed)
- 1⁄2 ripe honeydew melon, , scooped into balls
- 4 spring onions, chopped (green onions)
- 2 tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 mild chili pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 1⁄4 medium cucumber, diced
- 2 ounces small seedless black grapes
- freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 ounces blue cheese, crumbled
- paprika (to garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- Arrange salad leaves on two serving plates.
- Slice the chicken, then arrange on the leaves.
- Combine remaining salad ingredients and season well.
- Spoon over the chicken, drizzling any juices from the melon over the chicken.
- Mix the mayonnaise with the crumbled cheese and season lightly, then dollop a spoonful of dressing on top of each portion.
- Sprinkle with paprika then serve immediately.